Double Pumpkin, Dark Chocolate Energy Balls
A GREAT after school snack or even breakfast option on busy mornings. Enjoy!
Makes about 40 Balls
- 3 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal
- 15 oz. all-natural Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 3/4 cup all-natural Peanut butter, or Almond butter
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tbsp shredded, unsweetened coconut, OR ground flax seeds (if ‘dough’ seems too wet, then I add more, if it’s too dry, add less…start with a smaller quantity)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips.
- Though-roughly combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll into balls of about 1″ in diameter (mine were a bit larger).
- I use a cookie scoop to get a nice even ball.
- Place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper & freeze one hour. Store in an airtight container and keep frozen for 2 weeks, or refrigerated for up to 1 week.