Healthy Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole
Paleo , gluten free Sweet Potato Casserole. You never need to miss out during the holidays because of dietary restrictions. This naturally sweetened, gluten free, dairy free sweet potato casserole is the real deal!
- 2 1/2 lbs cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup milk any kind ( I like unsweetened cashew milk)
- 1 lg eggs see note
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup pure, organic
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 Tbsp butter (grass-fed) or substitute coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg for sprinkling on top
1. Bake method: Pierce through the sweet potato skin with a fork, place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 F. until
soft. Let cool, remove skins.
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a glass or stone pan (8×10 to 9×13 size works well).
2. Place all ingredients except pecans & nutmeg in to bowl Whip on high x 2 minutes with your mixer.
4. Pour into prepared dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle with pecans & nutmeg.
5. Bake covered x 15 minutes & uncovered an additional 15-20 minutes.
If you want to skip the topping…If you’re allergic to nuts or simply don’t care for them, you can absolutely serve this as a mash on its own. you’ll probably want to add cinnamon and nutmeg to the mash.