1/3 cup unseasoned, whole wheat bread crumbs
¼ cup 2% milk
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 small onion grated or finely chopped
3 cloves garlic grated
2 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
2 large eggs
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
3 tbsp freshely grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
½ tsp sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Soak bread crumbs in milk for approx. 10 minutes
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover, Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Form into 1 inch meatballs and place on parchement lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown and cooked through.
Serve immediately or cool and freeze on tray until firm.
Once frozen, transfer to freezer bag. Defrost in fridge and warm up in sauce.
Serve with sauce over quinoa, zoodles, whole wheat pasta or whole wheat bun.