Skinny Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo is one of my FAVORITE
Trade out your beloved calorie-laden alfredo sauce for this skinny alfredo sauce made with cauliflower. You’ll barely be able to tell the difference!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heads of cauliflower (about 7-8 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- 1 and ½ cups skim milk (more to achieve desired consistency)or your choice of dairy free options
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, (if vegan, use 1/4 cup nutritional yeast)
- fresh parsley for serving
- cooked pasta for serving, spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, gluten free noodles- whatever suites your needs.
- Sauté the minced garlic with the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic is soft and fragrant. Be careful not to brown the garlic. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower, cover, and cook until cauliflower is tender when you stick a fork in it (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the blender. Add milk, sautéed garlic/butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and milk. Blend or puree for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is silky and smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese. You can add more milk if it seems too thick. Toss with your favorite cooked pasta and serve immediately topped with fresh parsley if desired.
serving size: 1/2 cup