Spicy Jalapeño Zucchini Frittata
Spice up the end of summer with this spicy zucchini frittata! It’s loaded with garden fresh squash, jalapeno peppers and corn! A light and delicious way to pack in the protein and the veggies!
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, & thinly sliced
- 1 medium crisp zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 1 tsp dried ground coriander seed
8 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add onion and jalapeño, and cook until just tender, for about 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini slices, corn and ground coriander and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to your taste.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with 1/2 tsp sea salt and pour into skillet with vegetables. Very gently mix to combine.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and cook until just set in the middle and lightly golden and puffed on top, about 12-15 minutes.
The Mild Side
Prefer less heat? Remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno